Severance Middle School Athletic Scholarship
Five years ago, when Severance Middle School opened, we began collecting funds for a scholarship. We will be awarding a scholarship to one male and one female WHS class of 2014 graduate. Former Severance Middle School athletes, who go and continue to participate in athletics at Windsor High School, will be eligible to apply. Here are the requirements:
Severance Hawks Athletic Scholarship $500 one time only
- 2-4 year college or university, junior college, community college, vocational school or trade school.
- o3.0 GPA or higher.
- Financial need is not considered.
- Participated in at least 1 WHS athletic season senior year.
- Include letter of recommendation from WHS coach.
- Include letter of recommendation from WHS teacher.
- Include response to the SMS Hawks addendum question(s).
To make this happen, every year we challenge each sports team to try to raise $100.
Which team is going to show the most Hawk pride this year?
If you want to contribute a donation please turn it in to the SMS office. Checks should be payable to “Severance Middle School”. Don’t forget to designate which sports team, if any, you wish to get credit.
Questions? Call Jessica Grable at 970-674-5215. Thanks in advance for your help giving back to former HAWKS!
7th/8th grade Boys' Basketball will be have open gym on November 25 and 26, 2013 from 330pm - 430pm.
Attention Volleyball, Boys Basketball and Girls Basketball Players and Parents:
Due to lack of gym space and lack of coaches, SMS will not be offering JV teams for these three sports beginning the 13-14 school year. Questions can be directed to Jessica Grable, SMS Athletic Director at 970-674-5215. Below is a message from the Windsor Recreation Department about an opportunity for students to continue to play volleyball this fall.
SMS Physical- Sports Participation Form
Middle School Athletic Venues
To Participate in sports you must complete the following before the first day of practice:
- Complete the SMS Physical - Sports Participation form (front and back)
- Pay the $40.00 Athletic participation fee