Severance Middle School Athletic Scholarship
Five years ago, when Severance Middle School opened, we began collecting funds for a scholarship. We will be awarding a scholarship to one male and one female WHS class of 2014 graduate. Former Severance Middle School athletes, who go and continue to participate in athletics at Windsor High School, will be eligible to apply. Here are the requirements:
Severance Hawks Athletic Scholarship $500 one time only
- 2-4 year college or university, junior college, community college, vocational school or trade school.
- o3.0 GPA or higher.
- Financial need is not considered.
- Participated in at least 1 WHS athletic season senior year.
- Include letter of recommendation from WHS coach.
- Include letter of recommendation from WHS teacher.
- Include response to the SMS Hawks addendum question(s).
To make this happen, every year we challenge each sports team to try to raise $100.
Which team is going to show the most Hawk pride this year?
If you want to contribute a donation please turn it in to the SMS office. Checks should be payable to “Severance Middle School”. Don’t forget to designate which sports team, if any, you wish to get credit.
Questions? Call Jessica Grable at 970-674-5215. Thanks in advance for your help giving back to former HAWKS!
SMS Physical- Sports Participation Form
Middle School Athletic Venues
Boys Basketball Tryouts
1st day of practice 10/14 @6:30-7:35 AM Practices: Thursday - Friday
7th & 8th Grade
1st day of practice 10/21 @
To Participate in sports you must complete the following before the first day of practice:
- Complete the SMS Physical - Sports Participation form (front and back)
- Pay the $40.00 Athletic participation fee